AMPK Gamma 1 antibody
Rabbit anti AMPK Gamma 1
Rabbit anti-human AMPK gamma 1 antibody recognizes 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase subunit gamma-1, also known as AMPK gamma-1 chain or AMPK gamma1. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by PRKAG1 is a regulatory subunit of the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). AMPK is a heterotrimer consisting of an alpha catalytic subunit, and non-catalytic beta and gamma subunits. AMPK is an important energy-sensing enzyme that monitors cellular energy status. In response to cellular metabolic stresses, AMPK is activated, and thus phosphorylates and inactivates acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) and beta-hydroxy beta-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase (HMGCR), key enzymes involved in regulating de novo biosynthesis of fatty acid and cholesterol. This subunit is one of the gamma regulatory subunits of AMPK. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been observed (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human AMPK gamma 1 antibody detects a band of 35 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti AMPK gamma 1 detects a band of approximately 35 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 1-30 of human AMPK gamma 1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P54619 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRKAG1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004691 cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0006110 regulation of glycolysis
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007283 spermatogenesis
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008603 cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulator activity
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0045860 positive regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0046320 regulation of fatty acid oxidation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of AMPK Gamma 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.