The ACVRL1 gene encodes a type I cell-surface receptor for the TGF-beta superfamily of ligands. It shares with other type I receptors a high degree of similarity in serine-threonine kinase subdomains, a glycine- and serine-rich region (called the GS domain) preceding the kinase domain, and a short C-terminal tail. The encoded protein, sometimes termed ALK1, shares similar domain structures with other closely related ALK or activin receptor-like kinase proteins that form a subfamily of receptor serine/threonine kinases. Mutations in ACVRL1 are associated with hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 2, also known as Rendu-Osler-Weber syndrome 2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human ALK1 antibody detects a band of 56 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti ALK1 detects a band of approximately 56 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thimerosal
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein encompassing part of the C-terminal region of human ALK1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P37023 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ACVRL1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0004702 receptor signaling protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007179 transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050431 transforming growth factor beta binding
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0010596 negative regulation of endothelial cell migration
- GO:0016361 activin receptor activity, type I
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030513 positive regulation of BMP signaling pathway
- GO:0035313 wound healing, spreading of epidermal cells
- GO:0045941 positive regulation of transcription
- GO:0046332 SMAD binding
- GO:0048185 activin binding
- GO:0051895 negative regulation of focal adhesion assembly
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ALK1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.