Encoded by the ALDOA gene, fructose-bisphosphate aldolase A is a glycolytic enzyme that catalyzes the reversible conversion of fructose-1,6-bisphosphate to glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate and dihydroxyacetone phosphate. Three aldolase isozymes (A, B, and C), encoded by three different genes, are differentially expressed during development. Aldolase A is found in the developing embryo and is produced in even greater amounts in adult muscle. Expression of this enzyme is repressed in adult liver, kidney and intestine and similar to aldolase C levels in brain and other nervous tissue. Aldolase A deficiency has been associated with myopathy and hemolytic anemia. Alternative splicing and alternative promoter usage results in multiple transcript variants. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosomes 3 and 10 (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Rabbit anti Human ALDOA antibody detects a band of 39 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ALDOA detects a band of approximately 39 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 66-95 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human ALDOA
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0004332 fructose-bisphosphate aldolase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0006754 ATP biosynthetic process
- GO:0006941 striated muscle contraction
- GO:0007015 actin filament organization
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- GO:0015631 tubulin binding
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030388 fructose 1,6-bisphosphate metabolic process
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0031674 I band
- GO:0046716 muscle cell homeostasis
- GO:0070061 fructose binding
- GO:0070062 extracellular vesicular exosome
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ALDOA antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra