Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Rabbit anti Human AIF antibody recognizes human apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF), also known as human apoptosis-inducing factor 1, mitochondrial and programmed cell death protein 8. AIF is a 613 amino acid member of the FAD-dependent oxidoreductase family. Rabbit anti Human AIF antibody reacts with an internal region of AIF (within the region aa 517-531). AIF is widely expressed in human tissues and localizes in the mitochondria. AIF translocates to the nucleus upon induction of apoptosis. Multiple isoforms of AIF are generated by alternative splicing. Rabbit anti Human AIF antibody recognizes isoforms 1, 2, 3 and 5. It is not expected to recognize isoform 4 or 6 as they lack the immunogen sequence.
Mutations in the AIFM1 gene can result in various disease conditions including COXPD6 and Cowchock syndrome.
Rabbit anti Human AIF antibody recognizes human AIF as a single band of ~67 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates and cross reacts with rodent cell line lysates tested.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti AIF antibody detects a band of approximately 67 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 517 - 531 of human AIF
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up