Rabbit anti ADD1 antibody recognizes alpha-adducin (encoded by the gene ADD1), also known as ADDA or erythrocyte adducing subunit alpha. Alpha-adducin is a member of the adducin family of cytoskeleton proteins. Adducin is a heterodimeric protein consisting of either ADD1 (alpha)/ADD2 (beta) subunits or ADD1 (alpha)/ADD3 (gamma) subunits. Adducin mediates the formation of the spectrin-actin network.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to ADD1 was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant human ADD1
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ADD1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti ADD1 antibody detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in BT474 cell lysate and mouse tissue lysate under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available