ACTN3 gene encodes a member of the alpha-actin binding protein gene family. The encoded protein is primarily expressed in skeletal muscle and functions as a structural component of sarcomeric Z line. This protein is involved in crosslinking actin containing thin filaments. An allelic polymorphism in ACTN3 results in both coding and non-coding variants. The reference genome contains the non-coding allele. The non-functional allele of ACTN3 is associated with elite athlete status (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2012).
Rabbit anti Human ACTN3 antibody detects a band of 103 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ACTN3 detects a band of approximately 103 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human ACTN3
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005178 integrin binding
- GO:0005884 actin filament
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0008307 structural constituent of muscle
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0030049 muscle filament sliding
- GO:0031143 pseudopodium
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0048041 focal adhesion assembly
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of ACTN3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra