Rabbit anti 5-lipoxygenase (pSer523) antibody recognizes 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO), also known as arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase, when phosphorylated at serine 523. 5-LO is an enzyme that catalyses the synthesis of leukotrienes (LTs) from arachidonic acid (a polyunsaturated fatty acid), by the insertion of an oxygen into the arachidonic backbone. 5-LO requires calcium, ATP and the 5-LO-activating protein as cofactors for full activity. Leukotrienes are synthesised and secreted by leukocytes in response to immunologic or inflammatory stimuli, such as in asthma and allergic reactions. The biological effects of LTs include leukocyte chemotaxis, pulmonary airway constriction, mucous hypersecretion, vasoconstriction and increased vascular permeability. I recent years 5-LO has also been implicated in the regulation of cell proliferation and apoptosis and has been found in a broad variety of cancer cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to phosphorylated 5-lipoxygenase were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5, 150mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.01%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to an amino acid sequence within human 5-lipoxygenase which includes the phosphorylated residue Ser523.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase activity
iron ion binding
nuclear envelope lumen
prostanoid metabolic process
leukotriene biosynthetic process
hormone biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of 5-Lipoxygenase (pSer523) antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1538 detects a doublet of approximately 80kDa in rat cortex lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra