5-Lipoxygenase (pSer523) antibody
Rabbit anti 5-lipoxygenase (pSer523) antibody recognizes 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO), also known as arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase, when phosphorylated at serine 523. 5-LO is an enzyme that catalyses the synthesis of leukotrienes (LTs) from arachidonic acid (a polyunsaturated fatty acid), by the insertion of an oxygen into the arachidonic backbone. 5-LO requires calcium, ATP and the 5-LO-activating protein as cofactors for full activity. Leukotrienes are synthesised and secreted by leukocytes in response to immunologic or inflammatory stimuli, such as in asthma and allergic reactions. The biological effects of LTs include leukocyte chemotaxis, pulmonary airway constriction, mucous hypersecretion, vasoconstriction and increased vascular permeability. I recent years 5-LO has also been implicated in the regulation of cell proliferation and apoptosis and has been found in a broad variety of cancer cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Primate Expected from Sequence Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to phosphorylated 5-lipoxygenase were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5, 150mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to an amino acid sequence within human 5-lipoxygenase which includes the phosphorylated residue Ser523.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P09917 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ALOX5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004051 arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005506 iron ion binding
- GO:0005641 nuclear envelope lumen
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006692 prostanoid metabolic process
- GO:0016165 lipoxygenase activity
- GO:0016363 nuclear matrix
- GO:0019370 leukotriene biosynthetic process
- GO:0031965 nuclear membrane
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of 5-Lipoxygenase (pSer523) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting 1||1/1000|
- 1 For the detection of phosphoproteins, serine phosphatase inhibitors such as 10mM Sodium Fluoride should be added to the sample buffer. Milk or other casein-based blocking solutions are not recommended as casein is a phosphoprotein and its use can result in high background.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1538 detects a doublet of approximately 80kDa in rat cortex lysate.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|