Rabbit anti GFP antibody recognizes green fluorescent protein (GFP) and its variants. GFP is a ~27 kDa protein derived from the jellyfish Aequorea victoria. GFP fluoresces green (509 nm) when excited by blue light (395 nm), and is commonly used as a marker of gene expression. Rabbit anti GFP antibody is known to cross-react with enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP), yellow fluorescent protein (YFP) and red fluorescent protein (RFP).
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to green fluorescent protein (GFP) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 30% Glycerol
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli expressed recombinant EGFP
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- ProclinTM 300 is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Green Fluorescent Protein antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti GFP antibody recognizes a band of approximately 30-37 kDa on recombinant enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP).
Rabbit anti GFP antibody recognizes a band of approximately 32-34 kDa on recombinant red fluorescent protein (RFP).
Rabbit anti GFP antibody recognizes a band of approximately 32-34 kDa on recombinant yellow fluorescent protein (YFP).
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available