Rabbit anti CFP antibody
recognizes the cyan fluorescent protein (CFP), a monomeric engineered derivate of green fluorescent protein (GFP) isolated from the jellyfish Aequorea victoria
. CFP is a ~31 kDa protein that is optimally excited at a wavelength of 439 nm and emits light at 476 nm (Day and Davidson 2009)
. In FRET (Fluorescence/Förster Resonance Energy Transfer) experiments, CFP is often used in combination with YFP (yellow fluorescent protein) (Karpova and McNally 2006)
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to cyan fluorescent protein (CFP) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 30% Glycerol
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli expressed recombinant cyan fluorescent protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Cyan Fluorescent Protein antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti CFP antibody recognizes a band of approximately 31 kDa on recombinant CFP. The observed band size is approximately 35 kDa. This antibody has minimum cross-reactivity with Yellow Fluorescent Protein.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra