Carboxypeptidase A1 antibody
Rabbit anti Bovine Carboxypeptidase A1 antibody recognizes bovine Carboxypeptidase A1, a 309 amino acid monomeric pancreatic extopeptidase derived by cleavage of the propeptide. Carboxypeptidase A1 belongs to the peptidase M14 family (UniProt: P00370).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to bovine carboxypeptidase A1 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. IgG fraction was prepared from whole serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carboxypeptidase A1 from bovine pancreas.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P00730 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CPA1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004181 metallocarboxypeptidase activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Carboxypeptidase A1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||5ug/ml|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Bovine pancreas
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||500 ml||P|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||50 ml||P|
|TidyBlot™ Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||0.5 ml||WB*|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||50 Tests||C P|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000B||150 Tests||C P|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000C||500 Tests||C P|
Product Specific References
References for Carboxypeptidase A1 antibody
Fazio, E.N. et al. (2011) Stanniocalcin 2 alters PERK signalling and reduces cellular injury during cerulein induced pancreatitis in mice.
BMC Cell Biol. 12: 17.