Rabbit anti BFP antibody
recognizes the blue fluorescent protein (BFP), a monomeric engineered derivate of green fluorescent protein (GFP) isolated from the jellyfish Aequorea victoria
. BFP is a ~29 kDa protein that is optimally excited at a wavelength of 380 nm and emits light at 448 nm (Day and Davidson 2009)
. In multi-color and FRET (Fluorescence/Förster Resonance Energy Transfer) experiments, BFP is often used in combination with EGFP (enhanced green fluorescent protein) (Day and Davidson 2009)
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to blue fluorescent protein (BFP) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 30% Glycerol
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli expressed recombinant blue fluorescent protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Blue Fluorescent Protein antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti BFP antibody is predicted to recognize a band of approximately 29 kDa on recombinant BFP. Observed band size is 29-36 kDa.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Day, R.N. & Davidson, M.W. (2009) The fluorescent protein palette: tools for cellular imaging.
Chem Soc Rev. 38 (10): 2887-921.