Rat anti Mouse CD86 antibody, clone RMMP-2 recognizes the murine CD86 cell surface antigen, also known as Activation B7-2 antigen or Early T-cell costimulatory molecule 1. CD86 is a 286 amino acid ~35 kDa single pass type type I transmembrane glycoprotein acting as a receptor involved in the costimulatory signal essential for T-lymphocyte proliferation and interleukin-2 production.
CD86 along with CD80 acts as a cell attachment receptor for group B adenoviruses (Short et al. 2006).
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
The Fc region of monoclonal antibodies may bind non-specifically to cells expressing low affinity Fc receptors. This may be reduced by using SeroBlock FcR ( BUF041A/B).
3. Mercier, S. et al. (2002) Distinct roles of adenovirus vector-transduced dendritic cells, myoblasts, and endothelial cells in mediating an immune response against a transgene product.J Virol. 76 (6): 2899-911.
4. Greicius, G. et al. (2004) Microvilli structures on B lymphocytes: inducible functional domains?Int Immunol. 16: 353-64.
5. Sireci, G. et al. (2009) A continuous infusion of a minor histocompatibility antigen-immunodominant peptide induces a delay of male skin graft rejection.Immunobiology. 214: 703-11.
6. Vliegen, I. et al. (2004) Murine cytomegalovirus infection directs macrophage differentiation into a pro-inflammatory immune phenotype: implications for atherogenesisMicrobes Infect. 6: 1056-62.
7. Wang, R. et al. (2008) GAD-IgG-inducing CD4+Foxp3+Treg cells suppressing diabetes are involved in the increasing ratio of CD80+:CD86+ CELLS in NOD mice.Arch Med Res. 39 (3): 299-305.
8. Mohan, J. et al. (2005) Skin-derived dendritic cells acquire and degrade the scrapie agent following in vitro exposure.Immunology. 116: 122-33.