WNV antibody | AbD05320
Human anti WNV NS2B-NS3 antibody, clone AbD05320 recognizes the NS2B-NS3 proteinase from West Nile virus (WNV). West Nile virus is a member of the family Flaviviridae which in humans is transmitted via a mosquito vector resulting in central nervous damage. Non structural protein 3 (NS3) is a multifunctional protein, which is implicated in polyprotein processing and RNA replication. NS3 requires the presence of non-structural protein 2B (NS2B) cofactor to exhibit its proteolytic activity.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- NS2B-NS3 proteinase from WNV expressed in E.coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- P06935 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- WNVgp1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003724 RNA helicase activity
- GO:0003725 double-stranded RNA binding
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0003968 RNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004482 mRNA (guanine-N7-)-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0004483 mRNA (nucleoside-2'-O-)-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006410 transcription, RNA-dependent
- GO:0019079 viral genome replication
- GO:0019028 viral capsid
- GO:0019031 viral envelope
- GO:0030683 evasion by virus of host immune response
- GO:0042025 host cell nucleus
- GO:0044167 host cell endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0055036 virion membrane
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of WNV antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Alk.Phos.||MCA1396A||0.1 mg||E WB|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Biotin||MCA1396B||0.1 mg||E WB|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Alk.Phos.||MCA2200A||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Biotin||MCA2200B||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:HRP||MCA2200P||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||125 µl||E WB|
Product Specific References
References for WNV antibody
Chernov, A.V. et al. (2008) The two-component NS2B-NS3 proteinase represses DNA unwinding activity of the West Nile virus NS3 helicase.
J Biol Chem. 283 (25): 17270-8.
Shiryaev, S.A. et al. (2010) Isolation and characterization of selective and potent human Fab inhibitors directed to the active-site region of the two-component NS2B-NS3 proteinase of West Nile virus.
Biochem J. 427 (3): 369-76.