Human anti WNV NS2B-NS3 antibody, clone AbD05320 recognizes the NS2B-NS3 proteinase from West Nile virus (WNV). West Nile virus is a member of the family Flaviviridae which in humans is transmitted via a mosquito vector resulting in central nervous damage. Non structural protein 3 (NS3) is a multifunctional protein, which is implicated in polyprotein processing and RNA replication. NS3 requires the presence of non-structural protein 2B (NS2B) cofactor to exhibit its proteolytic activity.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- NS2B-NS3 proteinase from WNV expressed in E.coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
RNA helicase activity
double-stranded RNA binding
serine-type endopeptidase activity
RNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
integral to membrane
mRNA (guanine-N7-)-methyltransferase activity
mRNA (nucleoside-2'-O-)-methyltransferase activity
structural molecule activity
metal ion binding
viral genome replication
evasion by virus of host immune response
host cell nucleus
host cell endoplasmic reticulum membrane
regulation of transcription
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of WNV antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for WNV antibody
Chernov, A.V. et al. (2008) The two-component NS2B-NS3 proteinase represses DNA unwinding activity of the West Nile virus NS3 helicase.
J Biol Chem. 283 (25): 17270-8.
Shiryaev, S.A. et al. (2010) Isolation and characterization of selective and potent human Fab inhibitors directed to the active-site region of the two-component NS2B-NS3 proteinase of West Nile virus.
Biochem J. 427 (3): 369-76.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra