V5-Tag antibody | SV5-Pk3
Mouse anti V5-Tag antibody, clone SV5-Pk3 recognizes a small epitope, termed Pk, present on the P/V proteins of the paramyxovirus, SV5. Mouse anti V5-Tag antibody, clone SV5-Pk3 has been used to detect recombinant proteins, some of which include transmembrane and secreted proteins, which have been tagged with this epitope. Usually, a 14 amino acid tag has been added to the recombinant proteins, although a smaller epitope of 9 amino acids (that as a peptide inhibit the binding of the monoclonal antibody to its native protein) has also been successfully used. The 14 amino acid epitope is; gly lys pro ile pro asn pro leu leu gly leu asp ser thr. (The 9 amino acid epitope is underlined).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- A recombinant peptide corresponding to the PK tag fused to a class II - restricted T helper cell epitope.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 Ag14 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- This product is manufactued under an exclusive license from the University of St. Andrews, UK.
- For research purposes only
Applications of V5-Tag antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for V5-Tag antibody
Dunn, C. et al. (1999) Fine mapping of the binding sites of monoclonal antibodies raised against the Pk tag.
J Immunol Methods. 224 (1-2): 141-50.