gp41 antibody | AbD08066
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Human Anti-gp41 Antibody, clone AbD08066 recognizes an epitope derived from the ectodomain of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) type 1 envelope glycoprotein 41 (gp41).
This antibody was selected from the Human Combinatorial Antibody Library (HuCAL®) by panning on an HIV gp41-derived chimeric construct, NCCG-gp41, as described in Louis et al. 2001.
The fusion of HIV-1 with the membrane of the host cell is the first step in the process of viral infection and replication and involves conformational changes in the gp120 and gp41 viral envelope proteins. It is now known that the HIV gp41 contains a highly conserved N-heptad repeat (N-HR) region which is conserved in many HIV-1 strains and as such it is hypothesized that this maybe a target for developing a vaccine (Gustchina et al. 2010).
Clone AbD8066 is a unique antibody that has been shown to be broadly neutralizing across a wide panel of B and C type HIV-1 viruses. The crystal structure of the N-HR mimetic 5-Helix with this antibody has been reported (Gustchina et al. 2010, Protein Data Bank ID 3MA9).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to a conserved internal trimeric coiled-coil of the N-heptad repeat (N-HR) of HIV-1 gp41.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1|
- 1This antibody demonstrates neutralizing properties
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
References for gp41 antibody
Gustchina, E. et al. (2010) Structural basis of HIV-1 neutralization by affinity matured Fabs directed against the internal trimeric coiled-coil of gp41.
PLoS Pathog. 6: e1001182.
Gustchina, E. et al. (2009) Affinity maturation by targeted diversification of the CDR-H2 loop of a monoclonal Fab derived from a synthetic naïve human antibody library and directed against the internal trimeric coiled-coil of gp41 yields a set of Fabs with improved HIV-1 neutralization potency and breadth.
Virology. 393: 112-9.
Gustchina, E et al. (2013) Complexes of Neutralizing and Non-Neutralizing Affinity Matured Fabs with a Mimetic of the Internal Trimeric Coiled-Coil of HIV-1 gp41.
PLoS One. 8: e78187
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up