Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Non-Structural Protein 2a antibody | 1G2
|Mouse anti Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Non-Structural Protein 2a antibody, clone 1G2 recognizes the 2a non-structural protein of Foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV). Foot-and-mouth disease virus is a nonenveloped icosahedral Aphthovirus that contains single-stranded RNA. Foot-and-mouth disease is a highly contagious and sometimes fatal disease of cattle, pigs and other cloven-hoofed animals. The disease is characterised by high fever and blisters inside the mouth and on the feet. Although it doesn’t have a high mortality rate, the disease has debilitating effects, including weight loss and decrease in milk production, resulting in detrimental economic ramifications. The virus is spread through direct contact.
The non-structural proteins are necessary for viral replication and as such mutations in this area are probably less well tolerated than in the rest of the genome. Non-structural proteins have been targeted as possible diagnostic targets to distinguish between infected and vaccinated animals..
Note: clone 1G2 was previously described in error to recognize Non-Structural Protein 3a.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant FMDV non structural protein 2a.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Non-Structural Protein 2a antibody
Grubman, M. J. and Baxt, B. (2004) Foot-and-mouth disease.
Clin Microbiol Rev. 17: 465-493.
- GO Terms
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003724 RNA helicase activity
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0003968 RNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006410 transcription, RNA-dependent
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0019079 viral genome replication
- GO:0018144 RNA-protein covalent cross-linking
- GO:0019030 icosahedral viral capsid
- GO:0019082 viral protein processing
- GO:0044162 host cell cytoplasmic vesicle membrane
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up