TNF Alpha antibody | VPM61
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Sheep TNF Alpha
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- TNF Alpha
|Mouse anti Sheep TNF alpha, clone VPM61 recognizes ovine tumor necrosis factor (TNF) alpha, a 17.5kDa cytokine expressed by many different stimulated cell types including monocytes, macrophages, endothelial cells, fibroblasts and both T and B-lymphocytes.
The production of TNF alpha is induced by a variety of factors, dependant upon cell type and includes bacterial toxins, IL-1, PDGF, IFN beta, NGF, oncostatin M and viral infections. The presence of TNF alpha is responsible for diverse immunomodulatory, anti-tumor and toxic effects and under certain conditions is also capable of self-stimulation and inhibition.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Water Buffalo
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant ovine TNF alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This reagent was evaluated at the Moredun Research Institute and The Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh as part of ‘The route to identification of immunological correlates of protection in ruminants’Industrial Partnership Award funded by BBSRC (grant numbers BB/I019863/1; BB/I020519/1) with the support of Bio-Rad.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
References for TNF Alpha antibody
Vilmos, P. et al. (1996) Phylogenetically conserved epitopes of leukocyte antigens.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 52 (4): 415-26.
Green, I.R. et al. (1993) Expression and characterization of bioactive recombinant ovine TNF-alpha: some species specificity in cytotoxic response to TNF.
Cytokine. 5 (3): 213-23.
Kwong, L.S. et al. (2010) Production and characterization of two monoclonal antibodies to bovine tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and their cross-reactivity with ovine TNF-alpha.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 135 (3-4): 320-4.
Sow, F.B. et al. (2011) Respiratory syncytial virus is associated with an inflammatory response in lungs and architectural remodeling of lung-draining lymph nodes of newborn lambs.
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 300 (1): L12-24.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Sheep Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up