IL-8 antibody | 2C9
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Sheep interleukin-8 antibody, clone 2C9, recognizes ovine interleukin-8 (IL-8), also known as C-X-C motif chemokine 8. IL-8 is a 101 amino acid ~16 kDa chemoattractant for neutrophils, basophils and T-cells. IL-8 is produced by several cell types including neutrophils, monocytes and macrophages in response to inflammatory stimulation. Mouse anti Sheep interleukin-8 antibody, clone 2C9 shows no cross-reactivity with ovine IL-1 beta, IL-6, MCP-1 or TNF alpha.
Responses to infectious stimuli may vary among ovine species, the response to Mannheimia haemolytica, a causative agent of pneumonia, peritonitis and gangrenous mastitis in ovids, is exaggerated in bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis) compared to domestic sheep (Ovis aries) with significantly elevated IL-8 levels in response to infection (Herndon et al. 2010).
Mouse anti Sheep interleukin-8 antibody, clone 2C9, has been shown to compete with clone 8M6 (MCA1660) for binding of recombinant ovine IL-8 by ELISA, suggesting that the two clones recognize the same or a closely-related epitope.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant sheep IL-8
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the NSO myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- This antibody may be used in combination with AHP425 in sandwich ELISA assays for ovine IL-8.
Redondo, E. et al. (2013) Induction of Interleukin-8 and Interleukin-12 in Neonatal Ovine Lung Following Experimental Inoculation of Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus.
J Comp Pathol. 150: 434-48.
Bonnefont, C.M. et al. (2012) Genetic susceptibility to S. aureus mastitis in sheep: differential expression of mammary epithelial cells in response to live bacteria or supernatant.
Physiol Genomics 44: 403-16.
Herndon, C.N. et al. (2010) Differential expression of interleukin-8 by polymorphonuclear leukocytes of two closely related species, Ovis canadensis and Ovis aries, in response to Mannheimia haemolytica infection.
Infect Immun. 78: 3578-84.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005153 interleukin-8 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0030155 regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0030593 neutrophil chemotaxis
- GO:0045091 regulation of retroviral genome replication
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0050930 induction of positive chemotaxis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up