IL-8 antibody | 2C9
Responses to infectious stimuli may vary among ovine species, the response to Mannheimia haemolytica, a causative agent of pneumonia, peritonitis and gangrenous mastitis in ovids, is exaggerated in bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis) compared to domestic sheep (Ovis aries) with significantly elevated IL-8 levels in response to infection (Herndon et al. 2010).
Mouse anti Sheep interleukin-8 antibody, clone 2C9, has been shown to compete with clone 8M6 (MCA1660) for binding of recombinant ovine IL-8 by ELISA, suggesting that the two clones recognize the same or a closely-related epitope.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant sheep IL-8
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the NSO myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005153 interleukin-8 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0030155 regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0030593 neutrophil chemotaxis
- GO:0045091 regulation of retroviral genome replication
- GO:0050930 induction of positive chemotaxis
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-8 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- This antibody may be used in combination with AHP425 in sandwich ELISA assays for ovine IL-8.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep Interleukin-8||AHP425||E||0.1 ml|
Product Specific References
Redondo, E. et al. (2013) Induction of Interleukin-8 and Interleukin-12 in Neonatal Ovine Lung Following Experimental Inoculation of Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus.
J Comp Pathol. 150: 434-48.
Bonnefont, C.M. et al. (2012) Genetic susceptibility to S. aureus mastitis in sheep: differential expression of mammary epithelial cells in response to live bacteria or supernatant.
Physiol Genomics 44: 403-16.
Herndon, C.N. et al. (2010) Differential expression of interleukin-8 by polymorphonuclear leukocytes of two closely related species, Ovis canadensis and Ovis aries, in response to Mannheimia haemolytica infection.
Infect Immun. 78: 3578-84.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra