GM-CSF antibody | 3C2
Mouse anti Sheep GM-CSF, clone 3C2 has is of particular interest as it has been shown to reconize GM-CSF in cattle while other clones such as 8D8 do not crosss react with cattle..
Mouse anti Sheep GM-CSF, clone 3C2 has been reported to neutralise the activity of both recombinant ovine and native GM-CSF.
Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- CHO expressed recombinant ovine GM-CSF.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the NSO myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005129 granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- This reagent was evaluated at the Moredun Research Institute and The Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh as part of ‘The route to identification of immunological correlates of protection in ruminants’ Industrial Partnership Award funded by BBSRC (grant numbers BB/I019863/1; BB/I020519/1) with the support of Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GM-CSF antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for GM-CSF antibody
Entrican, G. et al. (1996) Development of a sandwich ELISA for ovine granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 50 (1-2): 105-15.
Deane, D. et al. (2000) Orf virus encodes a novel secreted protein inhibitor of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-2.
J Virol. 74: 1313-20.
Foulon, E. and Foucras, G. (2008) Two populations of ovine bone marrow-derived dendritic cells can be generated with recombinant GM-CSF and separated on CD11b expression.
J Immunol Methods. 339: 1-10.
Haig, D.M. et al. (1995) Haemopoietic cell responses in the blood and bone marrow of sheep infected with the abomasal nematode Telodorsagia circumcincta.
J Comp Pathol. 112: 151-64.
Scott, J.L. (2009) Spermatozoa and seminal plasma induce a greater inflammatory response in the ovine uterus at oestrus than dioestrus.
Reprod Fertil Dev. 21: 817-26.
John, H.A. et al. (1994) Generation of an ovine bone marrow-derived myelomonocyte-like cell line by retroviral-mediated transformation. Immunological characterization and the effect of cytokines and lipopolysaccharides.
J Leukoc Biol. 55: 785-92.
Kennedy, H.E. et al. (2002) Modulation of immune responses to Mycobacterium bovis in cattle depleted of WC1(+) gamma delta T cells.
Infect Immun. 70: 1488-500.
McInnes, C.J. et al. (2005) Glycosylation, disulfide bond formation, and the presence of a WSXWS-like motif in the orf virus GIF protein are critical for maintaining the integrity of Binding to ovine granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-2.
J Virol. 79: 11205-13.
Schnabel, C.L. et al. (2013) Evaluation of the reactivity of commercially available monoclonal antibodies with equine cytokines.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 156 (1-2): 1-19.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra