Neurofilament M antibody | 3H11
Mouse anti Rat Neurofilament M antibody, clone 3H11 also binds to a C- terminal epitope of bovine NF-M between amino acids 842 and 926.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Mouse Chicken Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.065% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fusion protein containing the extreme C-terminus of rat NF-M expressed in and purified from E.coli.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005883 neurofilament
- GO:0000226 microtubule cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0008088 axon cargo transport
- GO:0031133 regulation of axon diameter
- GO:0031594 neuromuscular junction
- GO:0045110 intermediate filament bundle assembly
- GO:0060052 neurofilament cytoskeleton organization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Neurofilament M antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA4572 detects a band of approximately 145kDa in rat cortex lysate.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Neurofilament M antibody
Shaw, G. et al. (2002) Preferential transformation of human neuronal cells by human adenoviruses and the origin of HEK 293 cells.
FASEB J. 16: 869-71.
Shaw, G. et al. (2004) Characterization of the bovine neurofilament NF-M protein and cDNA sequence, and identification of in vitro and in vivo calpain cleavage sites.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 325: 619-25.
Shaw, G. et al. (1997) Characterization of additional casein kinase I sites in the C-terminal "tail" region of chicken and rat neurofilament-M.
J Neurochem. 69: 1729-37.