MHC Class II H-2I-Ak/s antibody | OX-6
Mouse anti MHC Class II H-2I-Ak/s antibody, clone OX-6 does not react with the rat BDIX strain due to a defect in RT1B expression (Male et al. 1987).
Mouse anti MHC Class II H-2I-Ak/s antibody, clone OX-6 also cross reacts with a polymorphic determinant on mouse strains of the H-2 haplotypes k and s. Analysis of recombinant mouse strains has mapped the OX-6 determinant to the H-2I-A region (McMaster & Williams 1979) and (Male et al. 1987).
The major histocompatibility complex (MHC) is a cluster of genes that are important in the immune response to infections. In mice, this complex is referred to as the H-2 region. In rats, this complex is referred to as the RT1 region.
Mouse anti MHC Class II H-2I-Ak/s antibody, clone OX-6 is routinely tested in flow cytometry on rat splenocytes.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Rat thymocyte membrane glycoproteins.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells from the NS1 mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of MHC Class II H-2I-Ak/s antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50||1/100|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose. PLP fixation is recommended for optimal results
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA1209||F||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for MHC Class II H-2I-Ak/s antibody
McMaster, W.R. & Williams, A.F. (1979) Identification of Ia glycoproteins in rat thymus and purification from rat spleen.
Eur J Immunol. 9 (6): 426-33.
Fernandez, J.L. & Weeks, M. (1986) Genetic monitoring of inbred strains of mice using monoclonal antibodies to major histocompatibility haplotypes and lymphocyte alloantigens.
Lab Anim. 20 (4): 293-7.
Charteris, D.G. & Lightman, S.L. (1993) In vivo lymphokine production in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis.
Immunology. 78 (3): 387-92.
Whiteland, J.L. et al. (1995) Immunohistochemical detection of T-cell subsets and other leukocytes in paraffin-embedded rat and mouse tissues with monoclonal antibodies.
J Histochem Cytochem. 43 (3): 313-20.
McKechnie, N.M. et al. (1997) Immunization with the cross-reactive antigens Ov39 from Onchocerca volvulus and hr44 from human retinal tissue induces ocular pathology and activates retinal microglia.
J Infect Dis. 176 (5): 1334-43.
Male, D.K. et al. (1987) Serological evidence for a defect in RT1.B (I-A) expression by the BDIX rat strain.
J Immunogenet. 14 (6): 301-12.
Meyer zu Hörste, G. et al. (2011) Quinpramine ameliorates rat experimental autoimmune neuritis and redistributes MHC class II molecules.
PLoS One. 6(6): e21223.
Zhang, M. et al. (2015) The distinct distributions of immunocompetent cells in rat dentin pulp after pulpotomy.
Anat Rec (Hoboken). 298 (4): 741-9.
Ledreux, A. et al. (2016) Detrimental effects of a high fat/high cholesterol diet on memory and hippocampal markers in aged rats
Behavioural Brain Research. Jun 22 [Epub ahead of print]
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra