Caspr1 antibody | AbD06152
Human anti Caspr1 antibody, clone AbD06152 recognizes rat contactin-associated protein 1 (Caspr1), also known as neurexin 4 and paranodin, a ~190 kDa axonal transmembrane molecule. Caspr1 is a primarily expressed in myelinated nerves of the central and peripheral nervous system. It is a constituent of paranodal regions flanking the nodes of Ranvier and is believed to play an important role in paranodal junction formation.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Human Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied lyophilized.
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Fusion protein corresponding to the C-terminal region of rat Caspr1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution
- P97846 Related reagents
- O54991 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Cntnap1 Related reagents
- Cntnap1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0031175 neuron projection development
- GO:0033270 paranode region of axon
- GO:0042552 myelination
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Caspr1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Due to the presence of bovine serum albumin (BSA), this antibody is unsuitable for use as a capture reagent in sandwich ELISA applications. This product is also available without BSA, please enquire.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain
- Western Blotting
- HCA091 detects a band of approximately 190 kDa in mouse brain cell lysates
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Alexa Fluor® 488||MCA1396A488||100 Tests/1ml||F|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Alexa Fluor® 647||MCA1396A647||1 ml||F|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Biotin||MCA1396B||0.1 mg||E WB|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:FITC||MCA1396F||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Alk.Phos.||MCA2200A||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Alexa Fluor® 488||MCA2200A488||100 Tests/1ml||F*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Alexa Fluor® 647||MCA2200A647||100 Tests/1ml||F*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Biotin||MCA2200B||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:FITC||MCA2200F||0.1 mg||F*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:HRP||MCA2200P||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||125 µl||E WB|
Product Specific References
References for Caspr1 antibody
Çolakoğlu, G. et al. (2014) Contactin-1 regulates myelination and nodal/paranodal domain organization in the central nervous system.
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. Jan 2.