Alpha Internexin antibody | ID2
Mouse anti Rat alpha Internexin antibody, clone 1D2 recognizes rat alpha internexin, also known as 66 kDa neurofilament protein, Neurofilament 5 or NF66. Alpha internexin is a 505 amino acid ~66 kDa class IV neuronal intermediate filament. It is a major component of the intermediate filament network in small interneurons and cerebellar granule cells, where it is present in parallel fibers. It is highly expressed in early neuronal development and declines into adulthood. There is also a marked up-regulation of alpha internexin during neuronal regeneration.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Cat Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.065% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant rat alpha Internexin expressed in and purified from E.coli.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P23565 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Ina Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0007399 nervous system development
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0042246 tissue regeneration
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha Internexin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/1000|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/1000|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- MCA4749 detects a band of approximately 66kDa in rat cortex lysate.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Alpha Internexin antibody
Evans, J. et al. (2002) Characterization of mitotic neurons derived from adult rat hypothalamus and brain stem.
J Neurophysiol. 87: 1076-85