Mouse anti Plasmodium falciparum antibody, clone 11B7 reacts only with erythrocytes infected in the late stages (schizonts), not the parasite itself. It binds to the Maurer's clefts - a system of membranes derived from the parasitophorus vacuole membranes, visible in the form of dots in the cell cytoplasm.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Trypsinised fraction of P. falciparum conjugated with mouse albumin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgM concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Plasmodium falciparum Schizont Infected RBCs antibody
- 1Acetone fixation is recommended for antigen detection in infected human red blood cells.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available