Mono-ADP-Ribose antibody | AbD33205
Filter by Application:IF Reset
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Anti mono-ADP-ribose antibody, clone AbD33205, recognizes mono-adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-ribosylation. ADP-ribosylation is a reversible post-translational modification that occurs in multicellular organisms as well as some lower unicellular eukaryotes, but is absent in prokaryotes and yeast (Bürkle 2005). ADP ribosylation has been shown to play critical roles in many physiological and pathological processes, including bacterial pathogenesis and signaling and metabolism to control chromatin-related processes including transcription and DNA repair (Bonfiglio et al. 2020, Bütepage et al. 2015).
Members of the ADP-ribosyltransferase (ART) superfamily of proteins including the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerases (PARPs) subfamily, catalyze the transfer of ADP-ribose from nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) onto substrate protein via N-, O-, or S-glycosidic linkages. These transferases are able to transfer a single ADP-ribose residue to their substrate proteins, in a process known as mono-ADP-ribosylation (Bütepage et al. 2015).
This clone AbD33205 is a mono-selective ADP-ribose antibody which was generated using an H3S10ADPr peptide as the antigen. This clone is specific for mono-ADPr and recognizes Ser-mono-ADPr. Another mono-ADPr antibody (HCA354, AbD33204) also specifically recognizes mono-ADP-ribose, however it has a preference for mono-ADP-riboses other than Ser-mono-ADPr, with a preference for ubiquitin Arg-ADPr and mono-ADPr catalyzed by other PARPs.
Anti mono-ADP-ribose antibody, clone AbD33205, has been used in immunofluorescence staining of H2O2-treated U2OS cells to showed strong nuclear staining, relating to HPF1 and PARP1, but not PARP2. This staining was abolished upon treatment with the PARP inhibitors (Bonfiglio et al. 2020).
- Target Species
- Protein/peptide tag
- Product Form
- Human/Rabbit IgG chimera (rabbit CH2 and CH3) antibody selected from the HuCAL phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified recombinant IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from a mammalian cell line.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||2 ug/ml|
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Protein/peptide tag Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up