MHC Class II antibody | IBL-3/5
MHC class II molecules are expressed by dendritic cells, B-cells and macrophages.
Rat anti Mouse MHC Class II antibody, clone IBL-3/5 induces homotypic clustering of B cells in vitro (Balogh 1995 In 9th International Congress of Immunology, Abstract book p. 72. No. 422).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Tissue Culture Supernatant containing 0.2M Tris/HCl pH7.4 and 5-10% foetal calf serum
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- in vivo stimulated, purified mouse B cells.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from an immunized Wistar rat were fused with cells of the SP2/0-Ag14 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of MHC Class II antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1||Neat|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
|Immunohistology - Resin|
- 1The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 50ul of the suggested working dilution to label 105 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgM:Biotin||302008||C E IB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgM:RPE||302009||F||0.5 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgM:HRP||STAR116P||E WB||0.5 mg|
Product Specific References
References for MHC Class II antibody
Muller, T. et al. (2004) Tocopherol long chain fatty alcohols decrease the production of TNF-alpha and NO radicals by activated microglial cells.
Bioorg Med Chem Lett.14: 6023-6.
Pazmany, T. et al. (2000) Effect of transforming growth factor-beta1 on microglial MHC-class II expression.
J Neuroimmunol. 103: 122-30.
Himoudi, N. et al. (2007) Development of anti-PAX3 immune responses; a target for cancer immunotherapy.
Cancer Immunol Immunother. 56: 1381-95.