Hamster anti Mouse KLRG1 antibody, clone 2F1 recognizes mouse KLRG1 (killer cell lectin-like receptor G1), the mouse homolog of the rat mast cell function-associated antigen (MAFA). It is expressed by activated CD8 T-cells and by a large proportion of natural killer (NK) cells. It is not found in the spleen, thymus, lymph nodes, testis, brain or kidney and is not expressed on mast cell lines, bone-marrow-derived mast cells or peritoneal mast cells. T-cells expressing KLRG1 have greatly reduced proliferation potential, but are not limited in their capacity to perform immediate effector cell functions, such as the secretion of gamma interferon. KLRG1 plays an inhibitory role on NK cells and T-cells by binding to their ligands.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanate Isomer 1 (FITC) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Activated NK (A-LAK) cells from B6 (H-2b) mice.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Popliteal lymph node cells from immunized Syrian hamsters were fused with cells of the P3X63Ag8.653 plasmacytoma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- This product may be used for research purposes only. It is not licensed for resale and may only be used by the buyer. This product may not be used and is not licensed for clinical assays, where the results of such assays are provided as a diagnostic service. If a diagnostic or therapeutic use is anticipated, then a license must be requested from the University of California. The availability of such diagnostic and therapeutic use license(s) cannot be guaranteed from the University of California.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of KLRG1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
The Fc region of monoclonal antibodies may bind non-specifically to cells expressing low affinity Fc receptors. This may be reduced by using SeroBlock FcR (BUF041A/B).
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Corral, L. et al. (2000) NK cell expression of the killer cell lectin-like receptor G1 (KLRG1), the mouse homolog of MAFA, is modulated by MHC class I molecules.
Eur J Immunol. 30 (3): 920-30.
References for KLRG1 antibody
Hanke, T. et al. (1998) 2F1 antigen, the mouse homolog of the rat "mast cell function-associated antigen", is a lectin-like type II transmembrane receptor expressed by natural killer cells.
Eur J Immunol. 28 (12): 4409-17.
Rosshart, S. et al. (2008) Interaction of KLRG1 with E-cadherin: new functional and structural insights.
Eur J Immunol. 38 (12): 3354-64.
Beyersdorf, N. et al. (2007) Characterization of mouse CD4 T cell subsets defined by expression of KLRG1.
Eur J Immunol. 37 (12): 3445-54.