IL-6 antibody | MP5-32C11
Rat anti mouse Interleukin-6 antibody, clone MP5-32C11 recognizes murine interleukin 6 (IL-6). IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which is principally expressed by macrophages and T-cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant mouse IL-6
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P08505 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Il6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0042832 defense response to protozoan
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045630 positive regulation of T-helper 2 cell differentiation
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0046716 muscle cell homeostasis
- GO:0046888 negative regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0060445 branching involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0060664 epithelial cell proliferation involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||0.5 mg||C E IF P WB|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||1 mg||C E P RE|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||0.5 ml||F|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:DyLight®649 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||0.5 mg||C E P|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||0.5 ml||F|
Product Specific References
References for IL-6 antibody
Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples.
Immunol Rev. 127: 5-24.
Bishop, G.A. et al. (2000) Molecular mechanisms of B lymphocyte activation by the immune response modifier R-848.
J Immunol. 165 (10): 5552-7.
Boonstra, A. et al. (2000) UVB irradiation modulates systemic immune responses by affecting cytokine production of antigen-presenting cells.
Int Immunol. 12 (11): 1531-8.
Dohi, T. et al. (2001) Elimination of colonic patches with lymphotoxin beta receptor-Ig prevents Th2 cell-type colitis.
J Immunol. 167 (5): 2781-90.