IL-6 antibody | MP5-20F3
Filter by Application:IF Reset
|Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody, clone MP5-20F3 recognizes mouse Interleukin 6 (IL-6), also known as B-cell hybridoma growth factor or Interleukin HP-1. IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor principally expressed by macrophages and T-cells. IL-6 is a potent inducer of the acute phase response.
Animals lacking IL-6 demonstrate a marked reduction in the production of proinflammatory Th17 cells (Ivanov et al. 2006). In humans disruption of the IL-6 gene may lead to the presentation of rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ), an inflammatory articular disorder manifesting with daily spiking fever, macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody, clone MP5-20F3 may be used to neutralize IL-6 bioactivity in a functional assay (Abrams et al. 1992 and Kambayashi et al. 1995).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant murine IL-6.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for IL-6 antibody
Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples.
Immunol Rev. 127: 5-24.
Kambayashi, T. et al. (1995) Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase type IV participates in the regulation of IL-10 and in the subsequent inhibition of TNF-alpha and IL-6 release by endotoxin-stimulated macrophages.
J Immunol. 155 (10): 4909-16.
Vankelecom, H. et al. (1993) Immunocytochemical evidence that S-100-positive cells of the mouse anterior pituitary contain interleukin-6 immunoreactivity.
J Histochem Cytochem. 41 (2): 151-6.
Skok, J. et al. (1999) Dendritic cell-derived IL-12 promotes B cell induction of Th2 differentiation: a feedback regulation of Th1 development.
J Immunol. 163 (8): 4284-91.
Ruan, L. et al. (2009) Amyloid deposition and inflammation in APPswe/PS1dE9 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.
Curr Alzheimer Res. 6: 531-40.
Lu, W. et al. (2019) Deficiency of Adipocyte IKKβ Affects Atherosclerotic Plaque Vulnerability in Obese LDLR Deficient Mice.
J Am Heart Assoc. 8 (12): e012009.
Lu, W. et al. (2021) Fibroblast-specific IKK-β deficiency ameliorates angiotensin II-induced adverse cardiac remodeling in mice.
JCI Insight. 6 (18)Sep 22 [Epub ahead of print].
Jia, W. et al. (2022) MircoRNA-126-5p inhibits apoptosis of endothelial cell in vascular arterial walls via NF-κB/PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway in atherosclerosis.
J Mol Histol. Jan 04 [Epub ahead of print].
View The Latest Product References
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042832 defense response to protozoan
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045630 positive regulation of T-helper 2 cell differentiation
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0046716 muscle cell homeostasis
- GO:0046888 negative regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0060445 branching involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0060664 epithelial cell proliferation involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up