IL-6 antibody | MP5-20F3
Animals lacking IL-6 demonstrate a marked reduction in the production of proinflammatory Th17 cells (Ivanov et al. 2006). In humans disruption of the IL-6 gene may lead to the presentation of rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ), an inflammatory articular disorder manifesting with daily spiking fever, macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody, clone MP5-20F3 may be used to neutralize IL-6 bioactivity in a functional assay (Abrams et al. 1992 and Kambayashi et al. 1995).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant murine IL-6.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0042832 defense response to protozoan
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045630 positive regulation of T-helper 2 cell differentiation
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0046716 muscle cell homeostasis
- GO:0046888 negative regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0060445 branching involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0060664 epithelial cell proliferation involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||C E IF P WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||C E P RE||1 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||F||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:DyLight®650 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D650||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||C E P||0.5 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||F||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
References for IL-6 antibody
Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples.
Immunol Rev. 127: 5-24.
Kambayashi, T. et al. (1995) Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase type IV participates in the regulation of IL-10 and in the subsequent inhibition of TNF-alpha and IL-6 release by endotoxin-stimulated macrophages.
J Immunol. 155 (10): 4909-16.
Vankelecom, H. et al. (1993) Immunocytochemical evidence that S-100-positive cells of the mouse anterior pituitary contain interleukin-6 immunoreactivity.
J Histochem Cytochem. 41 (2): 151-6.
Skok, J. et al. (1999) Dendritic cell-derived IL-12 promotes B cell induction of Th2 differentiation: a feedback regulation of Th1 development.
J Immunol. 163 (8): 4284-91.
Ruan, L. et al. (2009) Amyloid deposition and inflammation in APPswe/PS1dE9 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.
Curr Alzheimer Res. 6: 531-40.
Lu, W. et al. (2019) Deficiency of Adipocyte IKKβ Affects Atherosclerotic Plaque Vulnerability in Obese LDLR Deficient Mice.
J Am Heart Assoc. 8 (12): e012009.
Lu, W. et al. (2021) Fibroblast-specific IKK-β deficiency ameliorates angiotensin II-induced adverse cardiac remodeling in mice.
JCI Insight. 6 (18)Sep 22 [Epub ahead of print].
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra