IL-6 antibody | 6B4 IGH 54
IL-6 signals through a membrane bound receptor complex consisting of the ligand-binding IL-6Ra chain (CD126) and the signal-transducing component gp130 (CD130). IL-6 can also stimulate cells expressing gp130 through a soluble IL-6R. IL-6 has been shown to stimulate B cell differentiation and subsequent immunoglobulin production, promote hybridoma growth, as well as regulating bone metabolism and stimulating energy mobilisation in muscle and fatty tissue.
Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody, clone 6B4 IGH 54 can be used to neutralize the activity of 50pg/ml of recombinant mouse IL-6 by >95% in a functional assay.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Natural partially purified mouse IL-6.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.004 EU/ug
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0042832 defense response to protozoan
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045630 positive regulation of T-helper 2 cell differentiation
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0046716 muscle cell homeostasis
- GO:0046888 negative regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0060445 branching involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0060664 epithelial cell proliferation involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||C E IF P WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||C E P RE||1 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||F||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||C E P||0.5 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||F||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
Peters, M. et al. (1998) Interleukin-6 and soluble interleukin-6 receptor: direct stimulation of gp130 and hematopoiesis.
Blood. 92 (10): 3495-504.