CD83 antibody | Michel-19
Rat anti Mouse CD83
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Rat anti Mouse CD83, clone Michel-19 recognizes CD83 also known as HB15. CD83 is a 45 kDa type I transmembrane protein and member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD83 expression has been detected on dendritic cells (DCs) and activated lymphocytes. CD83 is a well-recognized marker for mature dendritic cells. It is expressed as a cell surface molecule on thymic, circulating, and monocyte derived DCs, as well as Langerhans cells in the skin, interdigitating reticulum cells in the T cell zones of lymphoid organs, and microglia. Low level expression has also been reported on activated T and B cells. In addition, CD83 can be expressed in a soluble form, and is able to down-regulate DC maturation and stimulation of T cells. When CD83 expression was disrupted in mice, CD4+ T cell generation was impaired.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant mouse CD83 protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10 μl of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
References for CD83 antibody
Breloer, M. et al. (2007) CD83 is a regulator of murine B cell function in vivo.
Eur J Immunol. 37 (3): 634-48.
Kretschmer, B. et al. (2009) Engagement of CD83 on B cells modulates B cell function in vivo.
J Immunol. 182 (5): 2827-34.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0014070 response to organic cyclic compound
- GO:0032713 negative regulation of interleukin-4 production
- GO:0032733 positive regulation of interleukin-10 production
- GO:0032743 positive regulation of interleukin-2 production
- GO:0043372 positive regulation of CD4-positive, alpha beta T cell differentiation
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Mouse Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up