CD8 Alpha antibody | 53-6.7
Filter by Application:F IF Reset
|Rat anti Mouse CD8 alpha antibody, clone 53-6.7 detects mouse CD8a, also known as Lyt-2. CD8α is the alpha chain of the CD8 antigen. CD8 is expressed on T-cells, and exists either a homodimer composed of two alpha chains, or a heterodimer composed of one alpha and one beta chain.
CD8 functions as a co-receptor with the T-cell receptor and mediates efficient cell to cell interactions within the immune system. The CD8 alpha chain specifically binds to class I MHC molecules.
Rat anti Mouse CD8 alpha antibody, clone 53-6.7 has been reported to block antigen presentation via MHC class I and inhibit T cell responses to IL-2. Rat anti Mouse CD8 alpha antibody, clone 53-6.7 has also been used for depletion of CD8a+ cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Mouse thymus or spleen.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry||1/20 Pack Size: 0.25 mg
Neat Pack Size: 25 µg
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
The Fc region of monoclonal antibodies may bind non-specifically to cells expressing low affinity Fc receptors. This may be reduced by using SeroBlock FcR (BUF041A/B).
- MCA2694 has been reported as working well on Zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. However, inconsistent results have been reported on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections.
References for CD8 Alpha antibody
Takahashi, K. et al. (1992) CD4 and CD8 regulate interleukin 2 responses of T cells.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 89 (12): 5557-61.
Shore, D.A. et al. (2008) The crystal structure of CD8 in complex with YTS156.7.7 Fab and interaction with other CD8 antibodies define the binding mode of CD8 alphabeta to MHC class I.
J Mol Biol. 384 (5): 1190-202.
McDole, J.R. et al. (2010) Rapid formation of extended processes and engagement of Theiler's virus-infected neurons by CNS-infiltrating CD8 T cells.
Am J Pathol. 177 (4): 1823-33.
Zhang, M.Z. et al. (2015) Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 in hematopoietic cells results in salt-sensitive hypertension.
J Clin Invest. 125 (11): 4281-94.
Johnson, H.L. et al. (2014) Perforin competent CD8 T cells are sufficient to cause immune-mediated blood-brain barrier disruption.
PLoS One. 9 (10): e111401.
Schuster, C. et al. (2013) A missing PD-L1/PD-1 coinhibition regulates diabetes induction by preproinsulin-specific CD8 T-cells in an epitope-specific manner.
PLoS One. 8 (8): e71746.
Jabbari, A. & Harty, J.T. (2006) The generation and modulation of antigen-specific memory CD8 T cell responses.
J Leukoc Biol. 80 (1): 16-23.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002456 T cell mediated immunity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045065 cytotoxic T cell differentiation
- GO:0050850 positive regulation of calcium-mediated signaling
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up