Human anti CaMK II Inhibitor beta antibody, clone AbD06016 detects mouse calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II Inhibitor beta (CaMK2N2), also known as calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II inhibitor 2, a potent inhibitor of CaM kinase II (CAMK2). CaMK II N beta interacts with both CAMK2 alpha and beta.
The peptide sequence used to generate this antibody is identical to rat, bovine (Bos taurus) and short tailed opossum (Monodelphis sp.) CaMK II N beta.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL� phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied lyophilized.
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with the sequence EDKMGRFGADPEGSDLS, corresponding to amino acids 9-25 of mouse calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II inhibitor 2 (CaMK II N beta)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
protein kinase inhibitor activity
calcium-dependent protein kinase inhibitor activity
protein kinase binding
regulation of synaptic plasticity
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CaMK II Inhibitor Beta antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain (hippocampus). Tissue sections require incubation with antibody for 72 hours..
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CaMK II Inhibitor Beta antibody
Radwanska. K. et al. (2010) Differential regulation of CaMKII inhibitor beta protein expression after exposure to a novel context and during contextual fear memory formation.
Genes Brain Behav. 9: 648-57.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra