CaMK II Inhibitor Alpha antibody | AbD06603
Human anti CaMK II Inhibitor alpha antibody, clone AbD06603 detects mouse calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II alpha (CaMK II alpha), a serine/threonine kinase that is activated by calcium ions (Ca2+) and the Ca2+/calmodulin complex (CaM). CaMK II is expressed in glutamatergic excitatory neurones and constitutes the major postsynaptic density protein. It is important in the regulation of synaptic transmission, with possible roles in learning and memory.
The peptide sequence used to generate this antibody is identical to rat CAMK II alpha.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL� phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Peptide sequence C-DEKLSPYGDGGDVGQI that corresponds to amino acids 10-25 of mouse calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II inhibitor 1 (CaMK II N alpha)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4°C or at -20°C if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0014069 postsynaptic density
- GO:0019717 synaptosome
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0045211 postsynaptic membrane
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0008427 calcium-dependent protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0030425 dendrite
- GO:0043025 neuronal cell body
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CaMK II Inhibitor Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain (hippocampus)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Biotin||MCA1396B||E WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Alk.Phos.||MCA2200A||C E P WB*||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Biotin||MCA2200B||C E P WB*||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:HRP||MCA2200P||C E P WB*||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
Product Specific References
References for CaMK II Inhibitor Alpha antibody
Radwańska, K. et al (2010) Differential regulation of CaMKII inhibitor beta protein expression after exposure to a novel context and during contextual fear memory formation.
Genes Brain Behav. 9: 648-657.