Canine Heartworm antibody | HW2-83
Canine heartworm infection, caused by the filarial nematode Dirofilaria immitis, is an insidious and potentially fatal condition transmitted by mosquitoes, which primarily affects the heart and lungs of dogs, but may also affect other species including cats, foxes, sea-lions, ferrets and humans.
Canine heartworm disease, resulting ultimately in damage to the pulmonary vasculature system, is largely attributed to the immunological response of the host to the presence of the adult parasites, and in many cases their microscopic offspring (microfilaria) which circulate in the bloodstream, but growing evidence suggests the involvement of further factors/mediators.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Canine Heartworm antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This product may be used in a direct ELISA or as a detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA together with MCA2554 as a capture reagent.
Product Specific References
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra