Vitamin D Receptor antibody | 2F4
Mouse anti Human Vitamin D receptor antibody, clone 2F4 recognizes the human Vitamin D3 receptor, also known as 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 receptor or Nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group I member 1. The vitamin D receptor is a 427 amino acid ~ 48kDa member of the nuclear hormone receptor family containing a single nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 1 - 428 of human Vitamin D receptor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P11473 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- VDR Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003707 steroid hormone receptor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008434 vitamin D3 receptor activity
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010980 positive regulation of vitamin D 24-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0046697 decidualization
- GO:0046965 retinoid X receptor binding
- GO:0060558 regulation of calcidiol 1-monooxygenase activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vitamin D Receptor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||0.1||10 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Vitamin D Receptor antibody
Ditsch, N. et al. (2012) The Association between Vitamin D Receptor Expression and Prolonged Overall Survival in Breast Cancer.
J Histochem Cytochem. 60: 121-9.
Pulito, C. et al. (2015) Cdx2 polymorphism affects the activities of vitamin d receptor in human breast cancer cell lines and human breast carcinomas.
PLoS One. 10 (4): e0124894.
Heublein, S. et al. (2017) Vitamin D receptor, Retinoid X receptor and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ are overexpressed in BRCA1 mutated breast cancer and predict prognosis.
J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 36 (1): 57.
Zhang, X. et al. (2017) Fluorescence Analysis of Vitamin D Receptor Status of Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCS) in Breast Cancer: From Cell Models to Metastatic Patients.
Int J Mol Sci. 18 (6)Jun 20 [Epub ahead of print].