Visfatin is highly expressed in bone marrow, muscle and liver tissue and increases in expression in response to endotoxin, in amniotic epithelial cells following lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulation, and during the activation of T- and B-cells, dendritic cells and macrophages, suggesting a role in inflammatory processes. Visfatin is produced by visceral fat and appears to have effects similar to those of insulin (Fukuhara et al. 2005). Plasma levels of visfatin are elevated in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (Chen et al. 2006). It has also been suggested that macrophages in visceral white adipose tissue may be a prominent source of the adipokines visfatin and resistin as well as chemokines MCP-1, MIP1α and IL-8, suggesting a pro-inflammatory marker role for visfatin (Curat et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human Visfatin antibody recognizes human visfatin as a single band of ~56 kDa in K562 cell lysates and in other human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. The antibody also cross-reacts with visfatin from mouse and rat cell lines.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti visfatin antibody detects a band of approximately 56 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human visfatin, amino acids 1-491, purified from E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004514 nicotinate-nucleotide diphosphorylase (carboxylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0006769 nicotinamide metabolic process
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009435 NAD biosynthetic process
- GO:0047280 nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase activity
- GO:0051770 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Visfatin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra