Visfatin antibody | 4D5
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti Visfatin
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
|Mouse anti Human visfatin antibody recognizes human visfatin also known as nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase and pre-B-cell colony-enhancing factor 1, a putative cytokine and member of the NAPRTase family involved in catalyzing the biosynthesis of NAD from nicotinamide.
Visfatin is highly expressed in bone marrow, muscle and liver tissue and increases in expression in response to endotoxin, in amniotic epithelial cells following lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulation, and during the activation of T- and B-cells, dendritic cells and macrophages, suggesting a role in inflammatory processes. Visfatin is produced by visceral fat and appears to have effects similar to those of insulin (Fukuhara et al. 2005). Plasma levels of visfatin are elevated in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (Chen et al. 2006). It has also been suggested that macrophages in visceral white adipose tissue may be a prominent source of the adipokines visfatin and resistin as well as chemokines MCP-1, MIP1α and IL-8, suggesting a pro-inflammatory marker role for visfatin (Curat et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human Visfatin antibody recognizes human visfatin as a single band of ~56 kDa in K562 cell lysates and in other human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. The antibody also cross-reacts with visfatin from mouse and rat cell lines.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti visfatin antibody detects a band of approximately 56 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Recombinant human visfatin, amino acids 1-491, purified from E. coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP|
References for Visfatin antibody
Bułdak, R.J. et al. (2014) Changes in subcellular localization of visfatin in human colorectal HCT-116 carcinoma cell line after cytochalasin B treatment.
Eur J Histochem. 58 (3): 2408.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004514 nicotinate-nucleotide diphosphorylase (carboxylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0006769 nicotinamide metabolic process
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009435 NAD biosynthetic process
- GO:0047280 nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0051770 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up