Visfatin antibody | 4D5
Visfatin is highly expressed in bone marrow, muscle and liver tissue and increases in expression in response to endotoxin, in amniotic epithelial cells following lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulation, and during the activation of T and B cells, dendritic cells and macrophages, suggesting a role in inflammatory processes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G ascities
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 10% Glycerol
- Recombinant human visfatin (amino acids 1-491) purified from Escherichia coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse FO myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004514 nicotinate-nucleotide diphosphorylase (carboxylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0006769 nicotinamide metabolic process
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009435 NAD biosynthetic process
- GO:0047280 nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase activity
- GO:0051770 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Visfatin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA4632GA detects a band of approximately 56 kDa in 293T cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Visfatin antibody
Bułdak, R.J. et al. (2014) Changes in subcellular localization of visfatin in human colorectal HCT-116 carcinoma cell line after cytochalasin B treatment.
Eur J Histochem. 58 (3): 2408.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra