Vinculin antibody | V284
Filter by Application:P WB IF Reset
Mouse anti Human Vinculin
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human vinculin antibody, clone V284 recognizes human vinculin, also known as metavinculin. Vinculin is a highly conserved, cytoskeletal protein associated with cell-cell and cell-matrix
adhesion. Vinculin is an actin filament (F-actin)-binding protein involved in anchoring F-actin to the membrane.
Mouse anti Human vinculin antibody, clone V284 detects vinculin as a ~130 kDa band in homogenates of platelets and other cells. It reacts with leucocytes, muscle cells, epithelial cells and fibroblasts.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Rabbit Chicken Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Purified vinculin from human platelets.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells of immunized mice were fused with cells from the SP2/0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human appendix
Asijee, G.M. et al. (1990) Vinculin is a permanent component of the membrane skeleton and is incorporated into the (re)organising cytoskeleton upon platelet activation.
Eur J Biochem. 189 (1): 131-6.
References for Vinculin antibody
Porter, R.M. et al. (1993) Monoclonal antibodies to cytoskeletal proteins: an immunohistochemical investigation of human colon cancer.
J Pathol. 170 (4): 435-40.
Kubler, M.D. & Watt, F.M. (1993) Changes in the distribution of actin-associated proteins during epidermal wound healing.
J Invest Dermatol. 100 (6): 785-9.
DeFife, K.M. et al. (1999) Cytoskeletal and adhesive structural polarizations accompany IL-13-induced human macrophage fusion.
J Histochem Cytochem. 47: 65-74.
Jester, J.V. et al. (1999) Transforming growth factor(beta)-mediated corneal myofibroblast differentiation requires actin and fibronectin assembly.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 40: 1959-67.
Dlugosz, J.A. et al. (2000) Stretch-induced mesangial cell ERK1/ERK2 activation is enhanced in high glucose by decreased dephosphorylation.
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 279: F688-97.
Brown, H. et al. (2001) Blood-brain barrier function in cerebral malaria in Malawian children.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 64 (3-4): 207-13.
Frangogiannis, N.G. et al. (2002) Active interstitial remodeling: an important process in the hibernating human myocardium.
J Am Coll Cardiol. 39: 1468-74.
Frye, M. et al. (2003) Evidence that Myc activation depletes the epidermal stem cell compartment by modulating adhesive interactions with the local microenvironment.
Development. 130: 2793-808.
View The Latest Product References
Jester, J.V. et al. (2003) Myofibroblast differentiation of normal human keratocytes and hTERT, extended-life human corneal fibroblasts.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 44: 1850-8.
Hua, H. et al. (2003) Endothelin-1 activates mesangial cell ERK1/2 via EGF-receptor transactivation and caveolin-1 interaction.
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 284: F303-12.
Monsees, T.K. et al. (2005) Effects of different titanium alloys and nanosize surface patterning on adhesion, differentiation, and orientation of osteoblast-like cells.
Cells Tissues Organs. 180: 81-95.
Rebhun, R.B. et al. (2006) Targeting receptor tyrosine kinase on lymphatic endothelial cells for the therapy of colon cancer lymph node metastasis.
Neoplasia. 8: 747-57.
Sluka, P. et al. (2006) FSH regulates the formation of adherens junctions and ectoplasmic specialisations between rat Sertoli cells in vitro and in vivo.
J Endocrinol. 189: 381-95.
Zheng, P.P. et al. (2007) Hela /-CaD undergoes a DNA replication-associated switch in localization from the cytoplasm to the nuclei of endothelial cells/endothelial progenitor cells in human tumor vasculature.
Cancer Biol Ther. 6: 886-90.
Gray, M.J. et al. (2008) Therapeutic targeting of Id2 reduces growth of human colorectal carcinoma in the murine liver.
Oncogene. 27: 7192-200.
Andrews, K.D. et al. (2008) Vascular prostheses: performance related to cell-shear responses.
J Surg Res. 149: 39-46.
Zheng, P.P. et al. (2007) Hela l-CaD is implicated in the migration of endothelial cells/endothelial progenitor cells in human neoplasms.
Cell Adh Migr. 1: 84-91.
Rio,M. et al. (2016) Microfluidic measurement of cell motility in response to applied non-homogeneous DC electric fields
Journal of Sensors and Sensor Systems. 5 (2): 237-43.
Ananthaseshan, S. et al. (2017) Locally Transplanted CD34+ Bone Marrow-Derived Cells Contribute to Vascular Healing After Vascular Injury.
Transplant Proc. 49 (6): 1467-76.
May, C.A. (2022) Aponeurosis linguae-Myocutaneous or myotendinous junctions of skeletal muscle fibres in the human tongue?
J Anat. Feb 08 [Epub ahead of print].
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002009 morphogenesis of an epithelium
- GO:0002166 beta-dystroglycan binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0006936 muscle contraction
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0007160 cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0030032 lamellipodium assembly
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030336 negative regulation of cell migration
- GO:0034333 adherens junction assembly
- GO:0034394 protein localization at cell surface
- GO:0043034 costamere
- GO:0043297 apical junction assembly
- GO:0045294 alpha-catenin binding
- GO:0045296 cadherin binding
- GO:0090136 epithelial cell-cell adhesion
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up