Vimentin antibody | AbD2701
In lymphatic tissues vimentin expression is seen in marginal zone areas, but not in follicle centers. A lack of vimentin expression in B cell lymphoma is indicative of follicular center origin.
Human anti Human vimentin antibody recognizes vimentin as a band of ~54 kDa in a number of human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti vimentin antibody detects a band of approximately 54 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This product is supplied as a liquid.
- Recombinant human monoclonal antibody purified by metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Formalin fixed, paraffin-embedded human lymphoma tissue
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- F(ab) concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vimentin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/25||1/50|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||STAR126P||E WB||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Vimentin antibody
Jarutat, T. et al. (2007) Selection of vimentin-specific antibodies from the HuCAL phage display library by subtractive panning on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
Biol Chem. 388 (6): 651-8.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra