Vimentin antibody | AbD02701
In lymphatic tissues vimentin expression is seen in marginal zone areas, but not in follicle centers. A lack of vimentin expression in B cell lymphoma is indicative of follicular center origin.
Human anti Human vimentin, clone AbD02701 has been extensively characterized, and compared to an existing mouse monoclonal antibody specific for vimentin and demonstartes both an expression pattern in IHC that corresponds to Mouse anti Human Vimentin, clone VIM 3B4 and detects an identical band in western blotting.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A lyophilized bivalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the anti-body heavy chain.
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Formalin fixed, paraffin-embedded human lymphoma tissue
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.1 mg/ml following reconstitution
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- 6 months from date of reconstitution
- P08670 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- VIM Related reagents
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vimentin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/5||1/10|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||0500-0099||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:HRP||MCA2200P||C E P WB*||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
Product Specific References
References for Vimentin antibody
Jarutat, T. et al. (2007) Selection of vimentin-specific antibodies from the HuCAL phage display library by subtractive panning on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
Biol Chem. 388 (6): 651-8.