Vapb antibody | OTI4D8
The protein encoded by the VAPB gene is a type IV membrane protein found in plasma and intracellular vesicle membranes. The encoded protein is found as a homodimer and as a heterodimer with VAPA. This protein also can interact with VAMP1 and VAMP2 and may be involved in vesicle trafficking (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human VAPB antibody detects a band of 27 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti VAPB detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 2-223 of human VAPB produced in E. Coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006665 sphingolipid metabolic process
- GO:0008219 cell death
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0019048 virus-host interaction
- GO:0030968 endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045070 positive regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048487 beta-tubulin binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vapb antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra