Vapb antibody | 4D8
Mouse anti Vapb
Mouse anti-human VAPB antibody recognizes vesicle-associated membrane protein-associated protein B/C, also known as VAMP-associated 33 kDa protein. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by the VAPB gene is a type IV membrane protein found in plasma and intracellular vesicle membranes. The encoded protein is found as a homodimer and as a heterodimer with VAPA. This protein also can interact with VAMP1 and VAMP2 and may be involved in vesicle trafficking (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human VAPB antibody detects a band of 27 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti VAPB detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 2-223 of human VAPB produced in E. Coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O95292 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- VAPB Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006665 sphingolipid metabolic process
- GO:0008219 cell death
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0019048 virus-host interaction
- GO:0030968 endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045070 positive regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048487 beta-tubulin binding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vapb antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.