USP5 antibody | OTI1F8
Ubiquitin dependent proteolysis is a complex pathway of protein metabolism implicated in such diverse cellular functions as maintenance of chromatin structure, receptor function, and degradation of abnormal proteins. A late step of the process involves disassembly of the polyubiquitin chains on degraded proteins into ubiquitin monomers. USP5 disassembles branched polyubiquitin chains by a sequential exo mechanism, starting at the proximal end of the chain (Wilkinson et al. 1995).
Mouse anti Human USP5 antibody detects a band of 105 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti USP5 detects a band of approximately 105 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human USP5 (NP_003472) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P45974 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- USP5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0004221 ubiquitin thiolesterase activity
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0032436 positive regulation of proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0071108 protein K48-linked deubiquitination
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of USP5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Product Specific References
Wilkinson KD et al. (1995) Metabolism of the polyubiquitin degradation signal: structure, mechanism, and role of isopeptidase T.
Biochemistry. 34 (44): 14535-46.
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.