USP5 antibody | OTI1F8
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti USP5
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
| Mouse anti Human USP5 antibody, clone OTI1F8 recognizes USP5, also known as deubiquitinating enzyme 5, isopeptidase T, ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase 5, ubiquitin isopeptidase T, ubiquitin specific protease 5 (isopeptidase T), ubiquitin thioesterase 5, ubiquitin thiolesterase 5, ubiquitin-specific protease-5 (ubiquitin isopeptidase T) and ubiquitin-specific-processing protease 5.
Ubiquitin dependent proteolysis is a complex pathway of protein metabolism implicated in such diverse cellular functions as maintenance of chromatin structure, receptor function, and degradation of abnormal proteins. A late step of the process involves disassembly of the polyubiquitin chains on degraded proteins into ubiquitin monomers. USP5 disassembles branched polyubiquitin chains by a sequential exo mechanism, starting at the proximal end of the chain (Wilkinson et al. 1995).
Mouse anti Human USP5 antibody detects a band of 105 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti USP5 detects a band of approximately 105 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human USP5 (NP_003472) produced in HEK293T cells
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Wilkinson KD et al. (1995) Metabolism of the polyubiquitin degradation signal: structure, mechanism, and role of isopeptidase T.
Biochemistry. 34 (44): 14535-46.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0004221 ubiquitin thiolesterase activity
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0032436 positive regulation of proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0071108 protein K48-linked deubiquitination
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up