Encoded by the USP14 gene, ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase 14 is a member of the ubiquitin-specific processing (UBP) family of proteases that is a deubiquitinating enzyme (DUB) with His and Cys domains. This protein is located in the cytoplasm and cleaves the ubiquitin moiety from ubiquitin-fused precursors and ubiquitinylated proteins. Mice with a mutation that results in reduced expression of the ortholog of this protein are retarded for growth, develop severe tremors by 2 to 3 weeks of age followed by hindlimb paralysis and death by 6 to 10 weeks of age. Alternate transcriptional splice variants, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human USP14 antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti USP14 detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in LNCaP cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified His-tagged USP14 protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P54578 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- USP14 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000502 proteasome complex
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0004221 ubiquitin thiolesterase activity
- GO:0004843 ubiquitin-specific protease activity
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0008193 tRNA guanylyltransferase activity
- GO:0061136 regulation of proteasomal protein catabolic process
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0016023 cytoplasmic membrane-bounded vesicle
- GO:0050920 regulation of chemotaxis
- GO:0070628 proteasome binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of USP14 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.