UBE2M antibody | OTI2D9
Mouse anti UBE2M
UBE2M antibody recognizes the NEDD8-conjugating enzyme Ubc12, also known as NEDD8 carrier protein, NEDD8 protein ligase, ubiquitin carrier protein M, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2M (UBC12 homolog, yeast), or ubiquitin-protein ligase M.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The modification of proteins with ubiquitin is an important cellular mechanism for targeting abnormal or short-lived proteins for degradation. Ubiquitination involves at least three classes of enzymes: ubiquitin-activating enzymes, or E1s, ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, or E2s, and ubiquitin-protein ligases, or E3s. The UBE2M gene encodes a member of the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family. The encoded protein is linked with a ubiquitin-like protein, NEDD8, which can be conjugated to cellular proteins, such as Cdc53/culin (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human UBE2M antibody detects a band of 21 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti UBE2M detects a band of approximately 21 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human UBE2M produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P61081 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- UBE2M Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0018169 ribosomal S6-glutamic acid ligase activity
- GO:0019788 NEDD8 ligase activity
- GO:0045116 protein neddylation
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- GO:0051246 regulation of protein metabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBE2M antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.