UBE2D2 antibody | 3H1
Regulated degradation of misfolded, damaged or short-lived proteins in eukaryotes occurs via the ubiquitin (Ub)-proteasome system (UPS). An integral part of the UPS system is the ubiquitination of target proteins and covalent linkage of Ub-containing proteins to form polymeric chains, marking them as targets for 26S proteasome-mediated degradation. Ubiquitination of proteins is mediated by a cascade of enzymes which includes E1 (ubiquitin activating), E2 (ubiquitin conjugating), and E3 (ubiquitin ligases) enzymes. UBE2D2 gene encodes a member of the E2 enzyme family. Substrates of this enzyme include the tumor suppressor protein p53 and peroxisomal biogenesis factor 5 (PEX5). Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants of UBE2D2 (provided by RefSeq, May 2013).
Mouse anti Human UBE2D2 antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti UBE2D2 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in HEK293 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length human recombinant protein of human UBE2D2 produced in E. Coli.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- GO:0051246 regulation of protein metabolic process
- GO:0070936 protein K48-linked ubiquitination
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBE2D2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra