Ubc antibody | AB04/3D2
UBC is important for maintaining homeostatic levels of ubiquitin (Ub), an abundant protein which is one of the most important post-translational modifiers within the proteome. Ubiquitination marks proteins and organelles for degredation or autophagic clearance, essential for normal cellular functions (Senft et al. 2018). UBC is upregulated during stress and downregulated when Ub is overexpressed, and appears to play a protective role in response to stress (Bianchi et al. 2019). The promoter of the UBC gene includes heat-shock elements (HSEs) which explain its upregulation during stress. Accordingly, Ub itself is considered a hest shock protein (Crinelli et al. 2015). Proteasomal degradation, mediated by Ub, is often dysregulated in cancer cells and can lead to tumorigenesis and cancer progression. Furthermore, UBC interacts with many cancer-associated proteins, including CDK1, E2F1, EGFR and p53, and might be involved with regulation of the tumor microenvironment (Kim et al. 2017). Components of the Ub pathway have been suggested as drug targets for cancer therapy (Liu et al. 2016).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti UBC antibody detects a band of approximately 10 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein, aa 1-304 of human UBC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ubc antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra