Ubc antibody | AB04/3D2
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti UBC antibody recognizes polyubiquitin-C.
UBC is important for maintaining homeostatic levels of ubiquitin (Ub), an abundant protein which is one of the most important post-translational modifiers within the proteome. Ubiquitination marks proteins and organelles for degredation or autophagic clearance, essential for normal cellular functions (Senft et al. 2018). UBC is upregulated during stress and downregulated when Ub is overexpressed, and appears to play a protective role in response to stress (Bianchi et al. 2019). The promoter of the UBC gene includes heat-shock elements (HSEs) which explain its upregulation during stress. Accordingly, Ub itself is considered a hest shock protein (Crinelli et al. 2015). Proteasomal degradation, mediated by Ub, is often dysregulated in cancer cells and can lead to tumorigenesis and cancer progression. Furthermore, UBC interacts with many cancer-associated proteins, including CDK1, E2F1, EGFR and p53, and might be involved with regulation of the tumor microenvironment (Kim et al. 2017). Components of the Ub pathway have been suggested as drug targets for cancer therapy (Liu et al. 2016).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti UBC antibody detects a band of approximately 10 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein, aa 1-304 of human UBC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up