TWEAK antibody | C06-3C8
TWEAK, expressed primarily as a soluble cytokine by infiltrating leukocytes, mediates multiple activities through its receptor FGF-inducible molecule 14 (Fn14, TNFRSF12). It is a weak inducer of apoptosis in some cell types and is involved in the induction of inflammatory cytokines (Chicheportiche et al. 1997). This cytokine also promotes proliferation and migration of endothelial cells and acts as a regulator of angiogenesis. As a result of its pro-angiogenic effects, the role of this pathway in tumor biology has also been discussed (Michaelson & Burkly, 2009).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from serum free tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 97-249 of human TWEAK
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0001938 positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0043542 endothelial cell migration
- GO:0045766 positive regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- For research purposes only
Applications of TWEAK antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Michaelson, J.S. & Burkly, L.C. (2009) Therapeutic targeting of TWEAK/Fnl4 in cancer: exploiting the intrinsic tumor cell killing capacity of the pathway.
Results Probl Cell Differ. 49: 145-60.
Chicheportiche, Y. et al. (1997) TWEAK, a new secreted ligand in the tumor necrosis factor family that weakly induces apoptosis.
J Biol Chem. 272 (51): 32401-10.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra