TWEAK antibody | C06-3C8
|Mouse anti Human TWEAK antibody, clone C06-3C8 recognizes TWEAK, a 23 kDa type II transmembrane protein belonging to the Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) superfamily. While TWEAK is cell surface-associated, a smaller biologically active form can also be shed into the extracellular milieu.
TWEAK, expressed primarily as a soluble cytokine by infiltrating leukocytes, mediates multiple activities through its receptor FGF-inducible molecule 14 (Fn14, TNFRSF12). It is a weak inducer of apoptosis in some cell types and is involved in the induction of inflammatory cytokines (Chicheportiche et al. 1997). This cytokine also promotes proliferation and migration of endothelial cells and acts as a regulator of angiogenesis. As a result of its pro-angiogenic effects, the role of this pathway in tumor biology has also been discussed (Michaelson & Burkly, 2009).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from serum free tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 97-249 of human TWEAK
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Michaelson, J.S. & Burkly, L.C. (2009) Therapeutic targeting of TWEAK/Fnl4 in cancer: exploiting the intrinsic tumor cell killing capacity of the pathway.
Results Probl Cell Differ. 49: 145-60.
Chicheportiche, Y. et al. (1997) TWEAK, a new secreted ligand in the tumor necrosis factor family that weakly induces apoptosis.
J Biol Chem. 272 (51): 32401-10.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0001938 positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0043542 endothelial cell migration
- GO:0045766 positive regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up